Full-Time Accounting Clerk
Assists in routine accounting functions and performs data entry of financial information.
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
- Open, process and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare batches for cash, checks, and credit cards with verifiable totals to ensure integrity of funds.
- Organize and maintains file system, filing correspondence and other records.
- Daily preparation of bank deposits.
- Perform mailing of monthly accounts receivable statements.
- Process Accounts Payables which includes entry, check runs, scanning and filing.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Processing of ACH/CCPP donations to include processing of new partners.
- Data entry for orders, account IDs, wire and ACH transactions.
- Credit card reconciliations.
- Vendor and customer interactions.
- Prepare certain outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Order office supplies.
- Follow up declined, NSF, and cancellations.
- Road meetings financial reconciliations.
- Handle internal financial requests: refunds, petty cash, return orders.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies and meet the established requirements.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Quick learner.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Uses time efficiently.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Employment Application »
You may submit your completed application by email to email@example.com or fax it to 719.487.3300.
- Vision: Passion for Messenger International and our resources and projects
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); One to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to constituents, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: Position requires medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software and preferably QuickBooks accounting software.
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.