Messenger Cup Event Coordinator
• Full-time position with occasional overtime hours needed during busy season.
• Convey Messenger International’s heart and vision to partners and potential partners through Messenger Cup Golf & Alpine Experience.
• Detailed organization of Golf and Alpine Experience details.
• Event coordination and execution at the Broadmoor Resort.
• Participate in regular creative brainstorming sessions with core team.
• Required to relocate to or currently live in the Colorado Springs area.
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
- Organize and coordinate each aspect of the Messenger Cup event including but not limited to: reservations, contracts, menu selection, finances, managing budget, working with vendors, sponsor management, personalized correspondence, and participant management.
- Greet/host participants and guests of the ministry for Messenger Cup.
- Event coordination and execution at the Broadmoor Resort.
- Facilitate relationships with MI team, John and Lisa, and our event participants.
- Propose ideas and systems to improve event quality.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies and meet the established requirements.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented- Able to handle multiple sets of details at once with accuracy and clarity. Have an advanced knowledge of process and systems.
- Interpersonal expertise and experience- A background in customer service or support, and event correspondence. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced level knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database software and Contact Management systems.
- Team player– Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values. Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Problem solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Time Management– Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; meets deadlines.
Employment Application »
You may submit your completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 719.487.3300.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior event experience with references
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.