Excited to expand the mission and vision of Messenger International through video? Do you love to craft video to communicate truth? Have some sweet skills that you just can’t wait to unleash on the world? We’re looking for you! As a video editor, this role encompasses editing our studies and curriculum from post-production to completion, working on our short film productions, providing support for our growing podcasts and jumping in wherever needed on the Creative team. If you are a self-starter, detail oriented, ready for a challenge and working with an amazing team, this position may be for you!
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
- Brainstorm, storyboard, capture, and produce video and audio concepts from beginning to project completion (pre-production, production, and post-production)
- Prepare, maintain, and setup video and/or audio on-location for recording of various video greetings and updates
- Capture video and/or audio and produce recaps of all major Messenger International functions
- Provide direction to on-camera talent to craft compelling stories including generating supporting b-roll footage
- Produce promotional videos for Messenger International and John and Lisa Bevere
- Edit and produce final products of Messenger International studies and resources
- Coordinate with various outside organizations for television programming
- Edit and produce podcast episodes
- Some travel and capturing video and audio on-location for Messenger outreaches including visualizing compelling stories through testimonies gathered and shooting supporting b-roll on location
- Creativity – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into final products; demonstrates attention to detail. Attentive to camera angles and shots, lighting, audio, etc.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and within the determined budget.
- Technical Skills – Experience with video and audio editing, motion graphics, storyboarding, on-set filming and lighting. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; able to clearly articulate vision, concepts, and processes to others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Visual Storytelling – Adopts and varies the Messenger International voice as a visual storyteller representing Messenger International and John and Lisa Bevere; skilled at preparing and telling a cohesive story in an innovative way.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting. Treats Messenger International contacts, partners, and vendors with honor and respect.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, delivering quality at the highest level.
Employment Application » You may submit your completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 719.487.3300.
- Vision: Passion for Messenger International and our resources and projects
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Please reference your portfolio in your application. TV production and distribution is a plus.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to constituents, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Demonstrable experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro (or other non-linear editing platform), After Effects (or equivalent). Understanding and ability to work in web apps (i.e. Google Docs, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: Position requires medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Travel: Position may require travel, both domestic and international to document Messenger outreaches. Prior international travel is recommended, but not required.
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.