Online Marketing Specialist
Are you passionate about online marketing and social media? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally?
As the Online Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for planning, directing, and delivering the online marketing of Messenger International. You should enjoy and be skilled in email, social media, and online advertising. This is a full time position (40 hours per week) between Monday and Friday.
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
As the Online Marketing Strategist at Messenger International, you will be responsible for:
- Managing our social media marketing strategy (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Establishing an effective presence on our social media sites.
- Growing engagement on our social media profiles.
- Executing or overseeing all our social media activities.
- Communicating in a professional, but relational social media “voice.”
- Driving traffic to our websites using a variety of methods.
- Optimizing our websites for search engines.
- Improving our search-engine rankings.
- Ensuring content appears high on search rankings.
- Developing density of desired keyword on pages.
- Analyzing and acting upon analytics.
- Managing and developing pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
- Creating Internet ads.
- Monitoring our brands’ online reputation.
- Managing blog strategy.
- Soliciting audience feedback and optimizing campaigns accordingly.
- Approving or deleting comments on our blogs or articles.
- Highlighting and encouraging positive comments.
- Growing and managing email lists.
- Designing and delivering emails.
- Crafting nurture campaigns.
- Integrating other online presences including social media outlets with email campaigns.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- You are self-motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.
- You are fully entrenched in social media culture and understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence.
- You want to work hard and be part of a fun, growing organization.
- You have an advanced understanding of web technology and how it supports marketing.
- You like writing and are good at it, and have strong proofreading capabilities.
- You have strong marketing foundational knowledge.
- You like to analyze complex business challenges and come up with creative ways to solve them.
- You are organized and can work independently.
- You challenge the status quo.
- You respect and honor others.
- You like having a variety of challenges and touch on all facets of marketing.
- It never gets boring and you will be challenged to grow.
- There are no work politics to sift through. Our focus is solely on teach, reach, and rescue.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable. You produce a work product that requires little modification. You are almost a perfectionist.
- You have a good understanding of math and can navigate numbers and formulas quickly when required.
- You understand how to analyze metrics/data, and how to segment and report it in a logical fashion.
- You are even tempered, understand how to interact with people, and have an over-the-top customer service attitude.
- You check your ego at the door and are always open to constructive feedback.
- You are an extroverted, very social person. You love interacting with ALL kinds of people and getting to know new people.
- You are smart, creative, accountable, willing to go the extra mile, and really love what Messenger International stands for.
Employment Application »
You may submit your completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 719.487.3300.
- 4-year degree with focus on Marketing or Public Relations (or 2+ years of related experience and/or training).
- 2+ years of social media marketing experience
- 2+ years of online marketing experience
- Verifiable examples of marketing successes and wins
- Expert level skills in using and navigating social media networks’ native web apps and 3rd-party social media tools
- Expert level skills in using 3rd-party email marketing tools
- Skills in using Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and Bing Ads
- Skills in using Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of John and Lisa Bevere’s messages
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Good understanding of math
- Exceptional writing skills and can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant and interesting content
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.