Full or Part-time Accountant
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Review data entry, accounts payable, and reconciliations
- Oversee and reconcile physical inventory.
- Oversee meeting reconciliation.
- Verify and submit payroll.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
- Helps with year-end audit preparation and schedules.
- Understanding of fund accounting for not-for-profits.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to
- others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment Application »
You may submit your completed application by email to email@example.com or fax it to 719.487.3300.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Abilities: Ability to read and interpret. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, Excel, Accounting, and Inventory software; as well as Payroll, and Database software.
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.