Church Relations Representative
Sell ministry resources to churches, ministries or individuals over the telephone or in-person.
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
- Knowledgeable and conversant with all Messenger International resources and messages.
- Make outbound calls for the purpose of presenting ministry resources to consumers.
- Handle inbound sales inquiries from churches, organizations and individuals.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Respond quickly to all email communications.
- Serve customers through various online mediums.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer.
- Increase database of contacts through various prospecting methods.
- Enter new customer data for current customers into computer database.
- Investigate and resolve customer delivery concerns.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Interpersonal – Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Displays passion and optimism.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Order processing systems; Database software and Contact Management systems.
Employment Application »
You may submit your completed application by email to email@example.com or fax it to 719.487.3300.
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.