Social Media Specialist
Do you have a passion for social media, building online influence, and leveraging it to impact people’s lives? We want to add an experienced social media specialist with a heart for ministry to our tight-knit, mission-minded team. Candidate must have a strong knowledge of social media platforms, a comprehensive understanding of Messenger International’s resources, developed writing skills, and an ability to be organized and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This position is located at our Colorado headquarters.
- Prepare a content strategy for all Messenger social media presences
- Create consistent, influential, effective copy for a variety of social media platforms and profiles
- Manage real-time engagement and social listening on social platforms
- Coordinate the scheduling of all organic social media posts to various social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Blogger, Podcast, Pinterest and Vimeo
- Oversee growth of our blog, podcasts, and video subscribers through social distribution
- Monitor and prohibit any and all illegal distribution on Vimeo and YouTube, as well as fraudulent social media accounts.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our Google network and social network presence
- Make strategic adjustments to social media strategy based on analytics
- Oversee implementation of marketing strategy for social media
- Identify key opportunities to grow social media platforms organically
- Bring creative and strategic recommendations to the marketing team
- Keep up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in online social networking programs.
- Oversee training and onboarding of social media interns
- Check-in with interns on schedule and workload
- Other duties as assigned
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network, a strong social intuition, and a knowledge of best practices
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice for various types of content
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize social campaigns to achieve marketing objectives
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to establish structure and organized processes to deliver consistent results
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed deadlines in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Past experience building social media platforms for brands
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be objective driven and bring an organized, administrative approach to your tasks
- 2-3 years of social media and content creation experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and bring a high level of excellence to their area of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS degree and/or the equivalent of relevant work experience
A strong ability to write clean, clear, and compelling content in multiple voices is required for this position. Candidate must also possess competent editing skills, a familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style, and the ability to stick to a style guide. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence may also be needed on occasion.
Candidate should have the ability to analyze data, statistics, and reports to make strategic adjustments to social media efforts in order to better meet marketing objectives.
Candidate should possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete and changing variables in a variety of situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; all major social media platforms, editing tools, and social media administration tools.
As this role requires managing content creation and routine posts on many different platforms, a high level of organization and structure will be needed to perform it with excellence. Ideal candidate has the ability to develop processes which help them work ahead in a calculated and sustainable manner.
Download Employment Application
You may submit your completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 719.487.3300.
Your application will be reviewed by our Human Resource department. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, we will contact you for an interview. Messenger International shall comply with appropriate federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on grounds of race, color, gender, national origin, protected age category, religion or qualified disability.